|Salary||£25,000 - £45,000|
My client is hiring for a Family Lawyer specialising in care to join their growing firm based in Sunderland.
Due to planned growth and expansion, my client are looking for a Solicitor or Legal Executive to work full time within their family law department specialising in Care (mainly parent work) and private Children Act proceedings. The successful candidate will work alongside an existing family law team and will have some experience of dealing with a varied caseload of care and private Children Act matters.
Career progression will be available including progressing towards Panel membership for the right candidate.
• Have sound and relevant experience already gained within a respected Family team and will have some experience of handling a varied caseload.
• Undertake legal work for the benefit of the clients of our firm.
• Have experience of supervising the work of secretaries, trainees, paralegals and others as may from time to be time be required.
• Ensure ongoing competency training including completing compliance training.
• Work loyally and effectively as a member of our firm and always with our core values in mind.
• Meet set fee earning targets both monthly and annually.
• Ensure the appropriate management of debtors, including obtaining funds on account of costs and disbursements, in accordance with departmental policy from time to time.
• Participate in business development activities as and when required to include building, maintaining and nurturing appropriate network of contacts, referrers and business partners with the aim of winning new work whilst also fostering and developing relationships with both existing and past clients to ensure repeat instructions are received. You will also work with our BDM to develop and successfully market the department including to help crease and implement business development strategies.
• Assist in the production of advice articles for the firm and take an active role on social media including firm and self-promotion.
• Attend networking events on behalf of our firm.
• Have excellent organisational, oral and written communication skills.
• Have a strong academic background.
• Have a self-starting approach to tasks and projects and have an ability to work on your own initiative.
• Have well-developed interpersonal skills – an ability to interact with people at all levels and able to inspire confidence in customers and colleagues.
• Hold sound writing, drafting and legal research skills along with sound interviewing and advising skills.
• Have the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines and have excellent attention to detail.
• Have the ability to learn quickly and flexibly to take on new types and complexities of work.
• Have the ability to work as part of a team and committed to a career in family law.
• Have a flexible and proactive approach.
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal and Financial Recruitment
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
If you are interested in this vacancy or any others displayed on the site, or if you would just like to speak to one of our consultants, please use the contact information below.