|Salary||£38,000 - £50,000 + Bonus|
My client is looking for a Solicitor or Legal Executive to join their growing serious injury department, based in Newcastle. The ideal candidate will have previous multi track/serious injury experience.
My client are members of the Association for Personal Injury Lawyers and a dedicated law firm for Headway (The Brain Injury Association).
• To run a caseload of mid-high-value personal injury claims
• Knowledge of legal procedure including issue and service of proceedings, directions timetables, ADR and trial experience in obtaining factual and expert evidence
• Liaising with Counsel and experts appropriately and professionally
• Drafting schedules of loss including heads of future loss
• Reviewing files and reporting regularly to clients, introducers, team leaders and others
• Assessing the merits of cases in light of denials of liability and gathering evidence, both documentary and witness, to rebut any denials and pursue meritorious cases to settlements by negotiation or through litigation
• Identifying, gathering evidence in support of and valuing other heads of damage, including loss of earnings, care and assistance and Smith v Manchester damages
• Completing Schedules of Special Damages
• Issuing proceedings and proceeding through litigation to settlement or Trial
• Preparing cases for Trial including Briefs to Counsel
• Reporting to team leader any difficulties or delays on files
• Providing statistics in relation to files handled upon request
• Dealing promptly with telephone enquiries from clients, introducers and others
• Proven experience in serious injury/multi track litigation
• A good knowledge of legal concepts, good drafting skills
• A strong understanding of quantum issues
• IT literate in MS Office and knowledge of time recording software
• Performance based Bonus Scheme.
• Hybrid working (office & home working) available.
• 23 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays per annum. Holiday allowance increases yearly up to 25 days.
• Holiday Purchase Scheme (You can buy up to 1 week’s annual leave).
• Death in Service following 1 years’ service.
• Auto-enrolment Company Pension.
• Travel to work schemes; Bike to Work Scheme, Public Transport Pass Scheme.
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
If you are interested in this vacancy or any others displayed on the site, or if you would just like to speak to one of our consultants, please use the contact information below.