|Salary||£45,000 - £70,000|
My client is recruiting for a Risk and Compliance Manager to join their Law Firm in any once of their offices across Oxfordshire.
Initially, this would be in the role of an assistant working closely with the Risk and Compliance Partner. For the right person there will be career progression as it forms part of a succession planning strategy.
Ideally they would like to attract a lawyer with previous fee earning experience, who now has a background in risk and compliance or an in-house role.
The person appointed will:
• Preferably have experience of fee earning legal work;
• Preferably be qualified with at least 5 years PQE ;
• Work independently but also with other members in the team;
• Be experienced in the following areas of legal compliance work:
• SRA Standards and Regulations, the SRA Code of Conduct in particular;
• Money Laundering Regulations, Proceeds of Crime Act and AML compliance generally;
• Data Protection;
• Risk management generally.
• Be prepared where necessary to draft and implement policies and procedures;
• Be expected to assist the Risk & Compliance Manager with:
• updating policies and procedures, terms of business, engagement letters etc.;
• maintaining the firm’s central registers;
• preparing and delivering risk and compliance training;
• day to day queries on conflicts of interest/confidentiality, professional; ethics/conduct and risk management
• Demonstrate technical proficiency in all aspects of the law and regulations involved in the above work.
• Be confident in their analysis of, application and approach to the law and regulations;
• Possess a practical, problem solving attitude;
• Have a solution based focus;
• Possess good drafting skills;
• Demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively;
• Be confident enough to work independently;
• Have proven ability to work to deadlines;
• Have excellent, verbal and written communication skills;
• Demonstrate good IT skills, preferably with experience in case management systems.
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
If you are interested in this vacancy or any others displayed on the site, or if you would just like to speak to one of our consultants, please use the contact information below.