|Salary||£100,000 - £160,000|
My client, a Top Tier International firm, is recruiting for a Property Litigation Associate Solicitor to join their firm in Finsbury, London.
My clients award-winning litigation practice has a market leading reputation and is highly respected by clients and peers alike. It is the largest practice area within the firm and therefore, as you would expect, a major force. Their litigators handle all aspects of litigation and arbitration, including financial and banking disputes, recovery and insolvency, professional negligence, intellectual property, information technology, construction and engineering, fraud and asset tracing, property disputes, trust litigation and business investigations and regulation.
The team sits as a specialist sub-group within the firm's strong, profitable and hugely regarded Commercial Litigation group. This provides many advantages in terms of being able to draw on their know-how and resources. As you would expect they also work very closely with the firm's strong and growing Real Estate practice group.
They are involved across the full range of commercial property litigation disputes, including forfeiture, rights of light, development disputes, overage claims, property contract disputes, nuisance, contested lease renewals and property-related negligence. The work is varied and interesting. The team has a good mix between its own standalone cases coming in directly to the property litigation team (around half its workload), and work for the firm's transactional clients. This means that team members have the experience of working on complex, challenging big ticket standalone litigation, alongside the more routine property-management type issues which themselves remain varied and interesting due to the range of type of projects with which their clients are involved.
• They are a busy team with a large amount of interesting work.
• You will have a very varied workload.
• You will be running your own cases as well as working alongside the partners on larger more complex cases.
• You will quickly find yourself given large amounts of responsibility and client contact, but within a close-knit supportive environment with partner input whenever you need it.
• They take a lot of care in developing their associates.
• Their property litigation partners spend a lot of time working with, and nurturing, the associates in the team.
• Because the team sits within one of the general Commercial Litigation groups, there will also be some scope, if you wish, to obtain experience on more general commercial disputes to complement your skills as a property litigator.
• The property litigation partners are solicitor advocates.
• The appointee will have the opportunity to develop his/her advocacy skills should he/she want to.
• Strong academics
• Excellent legal skills and attention to detail
• Ability to analyse information quickly and spot tactical angles
• Strong interest in property law and litigation
• Drive to achieve the best result for the client
• Articulate, orally and on paper
• Self-starter and shows initiative
• Organised and able to work to deadlines
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal and Financial Recruitment.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
If you are interested in this vacancy or any others displayed on the site, or if you would just like to speak to one of our consultants, please use the contact information below.