|Salary||£25,000 - £35,000|
Exciting opportunity for a Personal Injury Fee Earner to be part of an established and growing Firm based in Blackburn, Lancashire.
• Checking and review of initial information
• Identifying and processing files to be rejected.
• Checking and recording/dairying important dates (e.g. limitation, striking out, setting down, application for judgement, directions, assessment of damages, trial).
• Keeping individual client database/files up to date.
• Reviewing files and reporting regularly to clients, introducers, team leaders or others.
• Liaising with witnesses, medical and other experts.
• Liaising and negotiating with insurers, solicitors, courts, Counsel and other agencies.
• Preparing files for issue for court proceedings.
• Preparing files for setting down, assessment of damages and trial.
• Reporting to team leader any difficulties or delays on files.
• Attending team meetings.
• Providing statistics in relation to files handled upon request.
• Preparing/presenting files for costing.
• Notifying accounts of disbursements incurred/to be recovered.
• Considering information/updates in relation to legal procedures and/or assessment of quantum.
• Dealing promptly with telephone enquiries from clients, referrers and others.
Qualifications & Experience:
• The ideal candidate must have the following.
• Claimant experience.
• Experience in dealing with Credit Hire/Accident Management companies;
Good working knowledge of the claims process.
• Experience of handling RTA files and a knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules.
• A working understanding of the MOJ Portal process.
• The ability to provide a high level of client care.
• The candidate must have the ability to work efficiently and effectively, in a team or on their own.
• Be proficient with Proclaim Case Management, although in-depth training will be provided
• 5 GCSEs A to C, or equivalent, including Maths, English Language and ICT.
• Previous experience in civil litigation claims handling / as a legal fee earner or suitably qualified (ILEX, LPC etc).
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
If you are interested in this vacancy or any others displayed on the site, or if you would just like to speak to one of our consultants, please use the contact information below.