|Salary||£30,000 - £50,000|
|Location||Acton, West London|
My client is currently seeking to recruit an experienced Immigration & Asylum/Public Law Solicitor to join their team in Acton.
My client is a well-established law Firm, with a reputation for excellence, achieving very good results and commitment to its clients. They are recognized experts in Immigration & Asylum, Public Law, civil claims for Unlawful Detention/False Imprisonment and Human Rights. They continue to be at the forefront of legal developments in these fields with success at all court levels, including before the Supreme Court.
• A Qualified Solicitor with a minimum of 2 years’ PQE experience
• Level 2 accredited under the Law Society’s Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Scheme (IAAS)
• excellent grounding and knowledge of the full range of immigration, asylum and nationality issues that affect migrants, refugees and asylum seekers, and able to undertake the full range of immigration and asylum work, such as: asylum, human rights, appeals, Immigration Rules based applications, nationality and judicial review, including appeals to the Court of Appeal. Knowledge and experience of public law actions before the County Court/High Court including for unlawful detention/false imprisonment is not essential but an advantage
• prior experience in providing immigration & asylum and public law advice under legal aid and on a private basis
• excellent client care skills
• bright, eloquent, have a keen eye for detail, proactive and demonstrate good judgment
• a commitment to a long-term career of working with migrants, refugees, asylum seekers as well as individuals and businesses in a mixed legal aid/private practice such as the Firm.
My client values highly driven individuals who are practical and lateral thinking practitioners that have the ability to push forward legal developments and are able to work in a high-pressure environment.
Supervisory Status is also desirable but not essential. In order to be successful in a supervisory role, you must be able to ensure compliance with professional standards set by the Law Society, the Legal Aid Agency and the firm. You must also be able to effectively lead, encourage and help develop the professional skills and specialist knowledge of fee earners towards having a broad knowledge of immigration & asylum and public law issues.
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal and Financial Recruitment.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
If you are interested in this vacancy or any others displayed on the site, or if you would just like to speak to one of our consultants, please use the contact information below.