|Salary||£80,000 - £115,000|
My client, a Top Tier International firm, is recruiting for a General Banking Solicitor to join their team in Finsbury, London.
Candidates are likely to have upwards of 1 years' PQE.
The team deals with a wide range of transactional debt financings, including lender-side and borrower-side real estate finance, leveraged and acquisition finance (usually borrower side) and secured and unsecured corporate lending.
With one of the largest dedicated real estate finance teams in the City, the team works closely with the firm's specialists in corporate, tax, construction, environment and regulation and advise banks, alternative lenders, borrowers, investors, funds and developers across the real estate investment and development sectors. The team has a growing market reputation for doing increasingly large and complex deals which used to be the preserve of the Magic/Silver circle firms.
This role is a new appointment working within the growing general lending team. It is to provide specialist advice to borrowers and lenders on a wide range of transactional lending matters, including real estate finance, acquisition/leveraged finance and secured and unsecured corporate lending. Whilst this role will primarily consist of real estate finance and general lending, there should also be opportunities to work on acquisition/leveraged finance, energy sector project financings, corporate trustee mandates and debt restructurings.
• Clear, concise and unambiguous preparation, negotiation and marking-up of financing documentation
• Transaction management
• Liaison with clients under the supervision of a partner
• Developing own informal internal and external network of contacts
• Building excellent working relationships with clients and peers within the Firm
• Attending and helping to arrange business development and profile raising events (client seminars, graduate recruitment activities)
• Conducting legal research using internal and external knowledge management resources
• Qualified lawyer with excellent academic and professional qualifications
• General lending experience is essential, including experience of leverage/acquisition and/or real estate finance or at least a willingness to learn it
• Background in a firm with an excellent reputation in the field of banking and asset finance
• Ability to acquire, consolidate and apply fundamental and up-to-date knowledge of the law
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and numerical communication skills
• Enthusiasm for business development
• Organised and able to work to strict deadlines with the ability to prioritise realistically
• Good housekeeping/file management practices; manages and records time promptly and accurately
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal and Financial Recruitment.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
If you are interested in this vacancy or any others displayed on the site, or if you would just like to speak to one of our consultants, please use the contact information below.