|Salary||£25,000 - £35,000|
My client is recruiting for an experienced Debt Recovery Litigation Paralegal/Executive with 1+ years experience to join their highly regarded and well established team in their Strand, London office.
Working within the Commercial Litigation team and Revenue Control team, the Debt Recovery Litigation Paralegal/Executive will be responsible for managing a caseload of debt recovery matters for the Firm's clients. You will be required to liaise with internal Partners and employees at all levels and external clients applying an assertive yet tactful approach.
• Running a caseload of contested and non-contested debt matters and liaising with clients
• Preparing and sending letters before action and issuing Court proceedings
• Managing Court proceedings and enforcement action
• Dealing with insolvent clients, completing proof of debt and proxy forms and liaising with insolvency practitioners
• Collating client engagement materials (client care letters, cost estimates and updates) and liaising with clients on particular debts, negotiating payment terms
• Opening, maintaining and monitoring debt-related matters within the firm's file systems and assisting with reviewing bad debts
• Dealing with a large portfolio of clients and liaising with them on a daily basis regarding their debts - predominantly via telephone. Updating the firm's revenue control system (ARCS) for action tasks, reminders, follow up notes etc.
• Arranging and attending monthly meetings with Partners to review debtors and implement a course of action, following-up to ensure completion in the agreed timescales
• Dealing with all aspects of client queries regarding invoiced fees and any detailed information that may be required. Ensuring queries are dealt with promptly, escalated and followed-up with Partners/Department Management Partners
• Preparing detailed historic financial/interest statements and delivering monthly reporting to Management, Matter Partners and Revenue Control on debt recovery progress
• Previous experience in a debt recovery role bringing Court action and enforcement action (Paralegal or Legal Executive)
• Excellent written and verbal communication and persuasion skills and ability to liaise effectively at all levels
• Strong attention to detail
• Confidence and the ability to place pressure tactfully on individuals and companies who owe money
• Strong client service
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent numeracy skills and ability to reconcile accurately
• Flexible to the requirements of the role and an adaptable approach when required
• Strong IT skills - knowledge of Aderant systems would be desirable; competent in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
If you are interested in this vacancy or any others displayed on the site, or if you would just like to speak to one of our consultants, please use the contact information below.