|Salary||£28,000 - £40,000|
My client is looking for a fee earner to join their expanding Clinical Negligence department, recognised nationally as a leader in the field by Legal 500, with an office in Newcastle.
The ideal candidate will be expected to have previous clinical negligence experience and will be expected to work as part of a team advising clients on all aspects of clinical negligence matters.
• Undertake all aspects of case work, including liability, causation and quantum investigations.
• Adhere to procedural and funding guidelines and limits.
• Develop an understanding of medical issues and how to investigate and apply these to the law in the best interest of the client.
• Develop an understanding of quality management standards (including risk assessment, funding arrangements/guidelines and the firm’s in-house procedures) and financial management of files (WIP, disbursements, billing and profitability).
• Become professionally responsible for all aspects of your job to include compliance with the Solicitors Regulation Authority Code of Conduct as well as the quality of your own legal work, administration and financial performance.
• Contribute to the departments and firms marketing efforts identifying and developing new potential sources of referral, maintaining and developing links with existing referrers of work and raising your own, the departments and the firm’s profile.
• Understanding of core liability, causation, consent and quantum issues.
• Knowledge of legal procedure including issue and service of proceedings, directions timetables, ADR and trial Experience in obtaining factual and expert evidence.
• Experience of drafting simple schedules of loss Ability to liaise with Counsel and experts appropriately and professionally.
• Good client care skills.
• IT literate in MS Office and knowledge of time recording software.
• Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise.
• A minimum of 1 years’ experience in clinical negligence fee earning.
• Experience of contributing in moderately complex cases and of running smaller cases more autonomously.
• A good grasp of legal concepts, good drafting skills.
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
If you are interested in this vacancy or any others displayed on the site, or if you would just like to speak to one of our consultants, please use the contact information below.