|Salary||£100,000 - £160,000|
My client, a Top Tier International firm, is recruiting for an Associate Solicitor to join their Equity Capital Markets team in Finsbury, London.
The role sits within the Funds & Equity Capital Markets sub-group of the Corporate Department. Notwithstanding the name of the sub-group, their team advises across a range of practice areas, including: equity capital markets, mergers and acquisitions (both public and private), joint ventures, private equity and venture capital investments and corporate reorganisations. In addition, they advise corporate clients on governance and constitutional matters.
The role is focused on equity capital markets work though will also involve M&A. The team has a high-quality client base ranging from blue-chip multi-national clients to more boutique businesses.
The corporate team receives commercial and transactional support from experienced, high quality specialists on banking, real estate, commercial contracts, competition, tax, employment and pensions, information technology, intellectual property and financial regulatory issues.
The department runs regular legal training sessions and roundtable discussions covering thecore practice areas listed above, as well as associate development centres focusing on management skills and BD at junior, mid and senior level. The ongoing support and
development of our associates is regarded as essential to our continuous growth and success.
• Clear, concise and unambiguous preparation, drafting and negotiation of corporate documentation with a focus on ECM documentation (including prospectuses and admission documents, placing agreements and circulars)
• Liaising with clients
• Managing (with appropriate supervision) transactions including IPOs, secondary fundraisings, corporate reconstructions, private and public M&A, investments and divestments and general corporate advisory work
• Developing own informal internal and external network of contacts
• Building excellent working relationships with clients and peers within the firm
• Participating in and contributing to business development and profile-raising events, such as client seminars and graduate recruitment activities
• Conducting legal research using internal and external knowledge management resources
• An interest in capital markets (Main Market, AIM) and secondary issues (including open offers, placings and rights issues).
• Corporate advisory experience will ideally include Listing Rules and AIM Rules advice as well as practical corporate support, including AGMs and other general meetings, articles of association preparation and supporting ongoing reporting obligations.
• Experience of private and public M&A would enhance the strength of an application
• Understanding of UK and EU regulation as they may affect capital raising post-Brexit.
• Background in a firm with an excellent corporate reputation
• Ability to acquire, consolidate and apply fundamental and up-to-date knowledge of the law
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal and Financial Recruitment.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
If you are interested in this vacancy or any others displayed on the site, or if you would just like to speak to one of our consultants, please use the contact information below.